The new pool arrives tomorrow

Yesterday we put down the 1" sheets of extruded polystyrene, and the Gorilla pad,then the ground tarp that came with the pool. Got the pool liner spread out. We decided to let it relax in the hot Texas sun till Today. Now it's building time I pray everything go as it's suppose to ?

We put the pool up today and it looks really awesome all of the legs are sitting on the pavers Thank God we were worried about that . But it is turning out nice should be fill up sometime tomorrow night . I have 2 garden hoses going . Called the City of Dallas and told them what we are planning on doing, they said thank you for calling and letting us know . Because they would of sent someone out to look for a leaks The price is cheap $160. not bad at all

Attachments

• DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 202
Thank you

So the pool was filled up around 10:30 last night , we turned the water off and everything looked nice and level within a 1/4 to 1/2 ". Went outside to take some measurements for all the PVC plumbing I was planning on doing today and while I was out there I notice a large pool of water on the ground below the intake fitting on the pool and it was leaking out of the fitting fixed that . Here's the good part the Pavers are sinking about an inch down on one side I noticed !

Well not good we had a rain storm last night into early this morning now we have several busted pavers so I drained about 4" of water just to be on the safe side . I knew I shouldn't of went with compression sand ,so I guess it's going on a concrete slab now .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Something better to use than sand is screenings. Screenings is a by-product of crushing rock. Unlike sand it compacts very well and won't wash away like sand will. It consists of very small chips of rock, down to dust. You can get screenings at a quarry or talk to some landscapers about getting some. I used screenings instead of sand under my liner and the floor is perfect.
Just a thought for using under your pavers. ?

Well not good we had a rain storm last night into early this morning now we have several busted pavers so I drained about 4" of water just to be on the safe side . I knew I shouldn't of went with compression sand ,so I guess it's going on a concrete slab now .
Your pool holds a bit over 14,000 gallons. A gallon of water weighs approx. 8 pounds, so that is 112,000 pounds or 56 tons of water you have there. Draining 4" is like spitting in the wind -- yes, it reduces the weight by a few tons, but there's still an awful lot left.

I think the material mentioned by pwrstrk is also called crusher run; it may have different names in different parts of the country. There is quite a bit of discussion on the forum about what to put under an aboveground pool -- just use the search function. What thickness of paver did you use? I've also seen quite a few posts on this subject -- i.e. that the thinner pavers will break under the weight of the water, as you have experienced.

If you do end up with a concrete pad, keep in mind that the weight of a swimming pool is a lot more than the weight of cars in a typical garage, for example. The concrete pad would need a good base to keep it from cracking -- quite likely the same sort of material that should go under a pool without a concrete pad. Be sure you get a competent contractor if you decide to go the concrete route.

Crush n run has bigger stone in it. Probably 1 3/4 inch on down to dust depending on what size screens the quarry is using. It could also be used.
Screenings is the same make up as sand, size of stone in it. It's vey fine material. The difference is it compacts. The small chips of irregular shape stone and with the dust component, it will lock together and compact. Grains of sand just won't stay locked together. ?

I've seen some posters talking about 4" thick pavers for bigger AG pools. You have a large and very heavy pool there. If you search the forum, there are other reports of 2" pavers cracking under the weight. Part of the problem, of course, is what is under the pavers, as you already know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.