Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Short Story long. We kept finding animal poop on the ledge between the pool and the spa. I was suspecting possums. One afternoon sitting in the backyard, we saw this Iguana appear. They are very uncommon in our area. We asked about it to our backyard neighbor. Indeed, they have a free range Iguana. I am thinking about laying a bird spike device I saw on Amazon. Any other suggestions? Guns, crossbows, sling shots, tasers, pepper spray etc. are not considered a viable option in our household.

Did you tell your neighbor it is crapping in your pool? I would mention that, along with with mentioning any other potential violations of HOA or city rules against "free range iguanas".

On a totally unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I had iguana fajitas on my college spring break trip to mexico. Tastes like chicken.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Call animal control ? I'd kindly advise the neighbor that I did not want iguana poop in/near my pool. I'd also suggest how easy they are to catch and relocate. If he didn't care, neither would I. If animal control didn't care would relocate it myself.

Thanks for suggestions. The iguana is free range because the neighbors young kid rescued it from a friend's house. The iguana was getting too big for the friend's cage and this tender hearted kid could not stand it. Their eventual plans are to build him some kind of a structure to house the iguana. This iguana does the same thing to their pool as well. Meanwhile, it continues..

• Sad
A free range iguana is a monumentally bad idea, and most likely illegal. Florida is becoming over run from this invasive animal and they do a lot of damage. To the point that is is open season on iguanas in Florida.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.