that big of a difference in where you test??

xfilegirl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2017
Bellerose/NY
Ok, so I have a 21' round, 4.5' deep AGP.

I don't have T-Rex arms but i'm no Stretch Armstrong either. So, against what i know to be the "correct way", I have been taking my water samples from the side of the pool furthest from the return and about 14 inches deep I'd estimate. So not at the surface, but only about 4 to 5 inches away from the wall of the pool.

This morning I added a gallon of bleach to my pool because I was at a FC of 2 (0 CC) and I wanted to get it up a good bit. That was 2 hours ago. Pump has been running the whole time. I just went to test the levels again and got a reading of 1.5 and no CC. It's not sunny out at all and it's raining on and off. So that seemed very strange to me. I've decided I am going to shock my pool just in case.
But it also made me curious if my reading was accurate in the first place. So I went in my house and got one of those claw poles that you use when you can't reach something on a high shelf (Don't ask my why I didn't think of that before :hammer:).

So with the claw I took my water sample from more towards the middle of the pool and a bit further down. And I got a FC reading of 5!
Is that normal for there to be a 3.5 point difference between the edge of the pool and the middle when running a FC test?? Or is something else wacky going on?

Not wacky, just the way your pool's circulation is. If you've got nothing to do one day I'd test and various points...and do it again on some other days too and after adding chemicals, charting them to see if it is consistent.

Brushing well after chemical additions also helps mix things up. You now know where your low circulation area is and can take care to make sure to brush around there.

Let us know if you do the tests and your results too, please?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.