TFTestkits testkit refill problem

Oct 18, 2007
Cedar Hill, TN
In March of this year, I purchased the complete set of refills.
When doing the PH test, it never showed any color that was recognizable. I finally used some leftover reagent from last year --- no problem!!
That's when it dawned on me - I had to double the drops in order to get a correct reading.
Apparently the r-0014 is a diluted form of the r-004.
Since I mixed and matched bottles of the new refills with some that I had left from last year, I don't know if I can trust any other results from my tests.
Pretty disappointed with this purchase. Wasted $40.00
I'll slowly replace my refills individually as I have done before, as money become available.

I'm sorry that you bought the incorrect pH indicator solution. Don't be too disappointed with yourself, we all make mistakes.

All your Taylor reagent bottles should have a part number on them. As long as you bought the same part number, your test results will be fine.

You are not alone. Others have made that mistake.

As your funds allow, you should spend the $40 or so needed and get all new reagents so you can successfully manage your pool.....keep saving up.

If your reagents have been stored in anything close to indoor conditions you didnt waste your money on the other reagents. Lesson learned, and its not the end all be all. The R4/14 is one I like to replace every year no matter what though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.