TFP just works.

hepmama

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 12, 2015
Dallas TX
I just wanted to check in with my favorite pool people and say thank you again for helping me learn how to take care of my pool after my husband died. It’s now been just over 5 years and I’m still doing the chemistry myself. I do still hire out equipment work including filter cleans.

My pool has a leaf cover on it starting in the fall and it comes off in the spring. I had last checked my chemistry 3.5 weeks ago and kept the cover on. I get kind of lax when the cover is on though…

This past Monday I remembered I needed to check the pool and when I flipped over the cover edge I could see a horror show - green, slimy water. Took off the cover and got to work. Backwashed the filter which helped a lot plus added lots of liquid chlorine, brushed and brushed, scooped out twigs and seeds that got in when I took the cover off, cleaned out the pool vac several times. Added a bag of salt, added CYA. Kept at it every day and it looked a little better each day.

Finally as of this morning the water is looking pretty good! Didn’t need to add chlorine and I have a filter clean scheduled for Monday - the soonest I could get on their schedule.

I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend and it’s a huge relief to have made good progress with the pool before I leave. And it’s all thanks to TFP!

If you’re new, just keep asking questions, do what the experts here recommend, and I promise if I can do this, you can do this! I also highly recommend the TFP app - it’s worth way more than they charge for the subscription.

P.S. Also attached pics - one from Monday and one from this morning.

Attachments

• monday.jpg
    monday.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 66
  • thursday.jpg
    thursday.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 68
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.