TFP FC Levels & Cartridge Filter Degradation?

The other post is mine. I’m going to say I don’t think it’s pH related since I’m on the other end of the spectrum. With my SWG, I struggle to keep it below 8 (it’s usually around 7.8-8; sometimes creeps to 8.2 and I try to bring it back to 7.6-7.8).

One similarity I have to the OP is build date. Summer 2020.

One similarity I have to the OP is build date. Summer 2020.

I did notice that the builds were about the same time, and wondered if it might be a bad manufacturing run of filters.

I've noticed the discoloration on mine, but not the flaking/deterioration seen in both of these cases. Mine are only just now pushing 2 years old. Installed late 2019. Put into service Jan 2020.

--Jeff

Reactions: Rich807
I did notice that the builds were about the same time, and wondered if it might be a bad manufacturing run of filters.

I've noticed the discoloration on mine, but not the flaking/deterioration seen in both of these cases. Mine are only just now pushing 2 years old. Installed late 2019. Put into service Jan 2020.

--Jeff
I just took mine out. Installed a few months ago with new pool build. Also OEM Pentair. Also already heavily discolored. However, plastic doesn't seem brittle/flaking yet either. But it's literally been just a few months so who knows what's next...

Reading the rest of these posts, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a batch/ supply chain issue..

V interested in hearing what Pentairs response is to the inquiry that was sent to them...

We just cleaned ours 2 weeks ago and I noticed the ends looked funny. No where near yours though. They looked old. The color looked more green and faded. We filled our pool in Feb 2021 and they had been sitting in our garage since Dec 2020. I’m curious to hear what Pentair says. They didn’t look like they had only been used for 8 months

Reactions: Rich807
Pentair has sent me a new set. Actually, they had a local firm deliver a new box of 4 & they took my disintegrating ones at the time of delivery. Will post back if/when my old filters are looked at by Pentair. Fingers' crossed they don't try to jam me after the fact for these i.e. come back & say I did something to cause the disintegration. Will post back if I hear more from Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.