TF-100 Test Kit Instructions - CH Test - Possible Missprint?

FailedChemistry

Jul 4, 2013
St Louis, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Happy summer everyone!
My apologies if this has been covered before, but when i searched i couldn't find anything related.

Bought a new TF-100 for this summer to teach my mom how to care for her own pool.
She was getting wildly different results from her CH test than from mine and I finally discovered the culprit.

The old instructions say to multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 10.
The latest instructions say "multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 25."

Has anyone else seen this?
Should the number still be 10, or have i been doing it wrong these last several years?

Happy summer everyone!
My apologies if this has been covered before, but when i searched i couldn't find anything related.

Bought a new TF-100 for this summer to teach my mom how to care for her own pool.
She was getting wildly different results from her CH test than from mine and I finally discovered the culprit.

The old instructions say to multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 10.
The latest instructions say "multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 25."

Has anyone else seen this?
Should the number still be 10, or have i been doing it wrong these last several years?
If you use 10 ml sample, it's 10-3-multiply by 25. If you use 25 ml, it's 20-5-multiply by 10.

There's also a typo in some TF100 instructions that say FC gets multiplied by .05.

More info on all the tests in Extended Test Kit Directions Archives - Trouble Free Pool

The test can be done with a 10 ml sample. It used to be a 25 ml sample but the smaller sample saves testing supplies. I have the old card too, so I just memorized the "new" way like this. 10^3

10 ml sample, 10 drops of #10 and then 3 drops of 11. Then each drop is 25 until the color changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.