TF-100 Results

Willy3340

Jun 17, 2022
Noblesville, IN
Morning All,

I posted strip results 2 weeks ago and was told I needed a TF-100, needless to say I'm the proud owner!

Here are my results, pool looks great but really eats through chlorine (nearly a 3" puck every 2 days.) I have never really had consistent FC readings on my strips either.

PH 7.2
CL 0.0
Chlorine Drop FC 0.0 and CC 0.5
Cya 30

Anything glaring here? Thanks!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Congrats on the TF-100 and taking charge. :goodjob: You'll be glad you did. Now let's figure out why you seem to be losing chlorine. So you show zero FC right now? If so, grab some liquid chlorine or regular bleach and increase the FC to about 5-6 ppm right away. The PoolMath APP can help you with the dosage amounts (Effects of Adding section). Try to keep the FC elevated that way all day today then perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you have no algae. Also remove the tabs/pucks when you are doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Let's be sure you have no algae first, then we can go from there.

Next time you post your test results, please post them as follows:
FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Also be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. See mine as an example. We refer to your pool details on every post. Thanks, and let us know f you have any other immediate questions.

Congrats on the TF-100 and taking charge. :goodjob: You'll be glad you did. Now let's figure out why you seem to be losing chlorine. So you show zero FC right now? If so, grab some liquid chlorine or regular bleach and increase the FC to about 5-6 ppm right away. The PoolMath APP can help you with the dosage amounts (Effects of Adding section). Try to keep the FC elevated that way all day today then perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you have no algae. Also remove the tabs/pucks when you are doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Let's be sure you have no algae first, then we can go from there.

Next time you post your test results, please post them as follows:
FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Also be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. See mine as an example. We refer to your pool details on every post. Thanks, and let us know f you have any other immediate questions.
Yes, 0 FC now. I added nearly 20 gallons of 10% two weeks ago as advised by the pool store stating I had traces of ammonia. FC shot up close to 10 but dropped over time as I added 1 gallon every 10 min then tested. Held at 3ppm overnight but has since shown 0.

Yes, 0 FC now. I added nearly 20 gallons of 10% two weeks ago as advised by the pool store stating I had traces of ammonia. FC shot up close to 10 but dropped over time as I added 1 gallon every 10 min then tested. Held at 3ppm overnight but has since shown 0.
Unfortunately whatever was done 2 weeks ago won't last this long or help us today. FC gets consumed everyday and will always fall over time, so frequent and/or consistent FC testing is required to ensure it never drops below 2-3 ppm. I can say that you do not have ammonia based on your numbers above, you just need to increase and maintain a healthier FC of about 5-6 today. Try to do that Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight if you can. If you can't get to it until the weekend, at least test the FC once or twice per day to ensure the FC is somewhere around 5-6 ppm. Never let it drop below 3.

If you fail the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, we'll help walk you through a SLAM Process to remove algae.

Unfortunately whatever was done 2 weeks ago won't last this long or help us today. FC gets consumed everyday and will always fall over time, so frequent and/or consistent FC testing is required to ensure it never drops below 2-3 ppm. I can say that you do not have ammonia based on your numbers above, you just need to increase and maintain a healthier FC of about 5-6 today. Try to do that Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight if you can. If you can't get to it until the weekend, at least test the FC once or twice per day to ensure the FC is somewhere around 5-6 ppm. Never let it drop below 3.

If you fail the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, we'll help walk you through a SLAM Process to remove algae.
Good deal, I'll go get some 10% liquid chlorine from lowes this morning and perform the test tonight. Any estimate on how much I might need to get my FC up?

Any estimate on how much I might need to get my FC up?
A half gallon of 10% strength equates to about 5 ppm of chlorine in your 10K pool if that helps. Once you initially raise it, it will probably try to fall fairly quickly the first time or two you dose.

If it drops should I add again until it's stable?
If this is something you can't do until later this evening, yes, check the FC once after the initial addition of one gallon (10 ppm) of chlorine. Just make sure the FC holds somewhere between 5-10 ppm so you can go to bed and continue the OCLT and do the second test in the morning. Don't forget to remove the pucks for the OCLT. The FC should hold somewhere in that 5-10 ppm area since there is no ammonia to deal with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Morning All, dumped 2 gallons of 10% in last nigh
All at once or 4 half gallon doses ? 2 gallons at once should get you 20 FC and if they dropped to 5.5 in 15 minutes, you need to treat for ammonia repeating 10FC for 10 minutes until the 10 FC mostly holds. Then you SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.