Texas Ice Storm ... Woke up to 1/3 Pool Drained

Yesterday I refilled the pool to the normal level, and ran some chemical tests ahead of today's 70*F weather. As expected, the chemistry is all out of balance after losing so much water. So I added some chlorine, dropped the pH to 7.6, and just ran the robot and brushed the plaster to stir things up.

Today, I decided to take the opportunity to clean the filters and re-lube all the o-rings in the system since it's all empty. The new relief valve was also delivered today, so I was able to get everything back together and fire it back up.

Happy to report it's all running smoothly again with no leaks :)

The water is pretty cloudy, but no CCs detected. With a water temp below 50*F, I wouldn't expect anything growing in it anyway, so the cloudiness is probably just dirt suspended in the water. I'll just let the filter clean it up and get the water re-balanced over the next few days.

Reactions: Newdude
Ya, if the water wasn't 41*F yesterday, and testing zero for CCs, I might be concerned ... but as it stands, I really have no concerns.

I mean, the pool is so dirty right now due to the pump not running for 6+ days. I've got it running on high now, and the robot has been cleaned out and doing his thing too. I suspect the water will be much clearer tomorrow.

It's not so much as "cloudy", but just dirty. I mean, you can see the particulates floating in it LOL ... scooping out my water sample using my typical tupperware container, had little floating dirt in it.

I also had the solar cover on the pool during the winter storm, so when I rolled that back up yesterday, of course everything on top falls into the pool.

Reactions: Newdude
Just as an update ... 24hrs after getting the system back up and running, the water was back to being TFP clear :)

I do need to break out the brush and manually brush the plaster though. The robot does a great job, but I think the amount of debris which ended up settling is just too much for the robot. I typically manually brush every 4-6 weeks anyway, so it's not that much of a change to my normal maintenance schedule ...

The robot is sitting in the 6ft deep end in this pic

1644690352728.png

• Love
Reactions: jark87 and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.