G0R1LLAMUNCH

Jul 28, 2019
Montreal, QC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a Taylor k-1005 kit. The test results with this kit are. FC 3.0 Ph 7.8, Alk 90, CYA less than 30. However the test strips and store test say my cya is around 50. I am having trouble maintaining my chlorine and having to add chlorine every day. My pool is clear, and spreads nearly the entire day in the sun. I'm thinking that my kit may be correct and I need to add more cya. My over night test show that the chlorine is stable. What are your thoughts?

I have a Taylor k-1005 kit. The test results with this kit are. FC 3.0 Ph 7.8, Alk 90, CYA less than 30. However the test strips and store test say my cya is around 50. I am having trouble maintaining my chlorine and having to add chlorine every day. My pool is clear, and spreads nearly the entire day in the sun. I'm thinking that my kit may be correct and I need to add more cya. My over night test show that the chlorine is stable. What are your thoughts?
Your kit is more accurate than test strips or the pool store as long as you’re doing it right. I’d trust your test. Though it’s not unusual to need chlorine every day as the sun burns it off.

You might look into the Taylor K2006C kit as it has the more accurate FAS-DPD chlorine test reagents.

I actually saw a water testing video from a Leslie's employee and in that video he said that the testing kit with reagents is his preferred method and the most accurate. He also mentioned that you could bring your water in to a Leslie's store and get it tested there as well.

I actually saw a water testing video from a Leslie's employee and in that video he said that the testing kit with reagents is his preferred method and the most accurate. He also mentioned that you could bring your water in to a Leslie's store and get it tested there as well.
Great, because we all know that fluorescent lighting and someone trying to hurry the job is the best way to get an accurate CYA reading.

Reactions: cledee
Great, because we all know that fluorescent lighting and someone trying to hurry the job is the best way to get an accurate CYA reading.
I mean it was crazy to me, the employee said it, testing the water yourself with a testing kit is the most accurate way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.