New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello and thank you for all your helpful guidance so far. I received my TF Pro Salt test kit this week. I did my first test on Thursday and repeated it this morning before adding any chemicals to be sure I did it correctly. My results stayed pretty consistent except my TA went up by 10 and my salt reading decreased by 400. I backwashed after the first test and it rained heavily all day yesterday. Is this the reason for the variance in test results or could it be user error my first time testing? I plan to add 5lbs of stabilizer today to get my CYA up a bit. Then I will retest and add a bag of salt. Is there anything else I should tweak? Pool is clear and looks great. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 0F645FA8-DA03-4CFB-A3EB-7C48329FC72B.jpeg
    0F645FA8-DA03-4CFB-A3EB-7C48329FC72B.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 8
With any test there is a margin of error with each drop - so a TA of 70 vs 80 can be expected. However if you see a trend, such as going to 90 or 100 then action needs to be taken.
Same with Salt - each drop is 200ppm. Plus you had rain and then backwashed which removes water - so that all reflects on tests such as Salt.

I see that CSI was not calculated. Do you have that turned on in the settings? That is the overall gauge of a balanced pool water.

When adding stabilizer - do it in stages. If it requires 5lbs then use 80% of that first. Use the sock method to hang in front of a return. Squeeze the sock occasionally. It may take 48 hrs or more to fully register. Then test again. Then add whatever is needed to reach your target. This avoids overshooting your CYA target.

Testing process will improve as you gain experience. Thanks for having a recommended test kit.