Testing a couple of new Pool Calculator features

joenj - The LQ does leave most of the salt from the bleach in the tank. It is difficult to tell how much, if any, of the salt gets into the pool, but there is clearly some salt left behind.

AnnaK - I have added lye to the Effects of adding chemicals section. So few people use lye that it doesn't seem worth using up the screen space required to add a line for it in the PH section. I will add that to my wish list for possible inclusion in a future version however.

wsettle - That is a great idea. I will add it to my wish list of possible features to include in a future version.

CRG_80cc - That is a great idea. I will add it to my wish list of possible features to include in a future version.

JasonLion said:
AnnaK - I have added lye to the Effects of adding chemicals section. So few people use lye that it doesn't seem worth using up the screen space required to add a line for it in the PH section. I will add that to my wish list for possible inclusion in a future version however.

Having it in the Effects section works for me. Is it in there yet though? I can't see it, looking for sodium hydroxide or lye. Yes, I am in the beta version :)

I don't know the answer to that. The Liquidator does seem to preferentially have more chlorine migrate to the upper layers than salt, but I doubt if it prevents all the excess salt from getting into the pool. It's not a big deal anyway since it takes quite a while to raise the salt level in a pool via chlorine. At 2 ppm FC per day, a 6-month swim season would add (including chloride from chlorine consumption) 576 ppm salt using bleach or chlorinating liquid while it would add 288 ppm using Trichlor or Dichlor (Cal-Hypo would add around 360 ppm salt). Of course, actual amounts will be less due to splash-out, carry-out, backwashing and any other dilution (but not evaporation).

Richard

Works now Jason, and works as hoped for.

I.e., if I wanted to raise my pH by .3 I input current 7.5 and target 7.8 which returns 24 oz borax. Divide that by 3 and input 8 oz caustic soda in the Effects window and I get a pH increase of .37.

Very nice, very helpful, thank you very much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.