Test results Using TF100

Oklahoma is retarded and has no Winn-Dixie. Wal-mart,Lowes,Home Depot,CVS,Atwoods,stupid pool stores like Leslies and some Mom and Pop pool store Carr's. Both of which got a ton of our money last summer. I would like to say, so far my pool is way better this year than last. My husband is supposed to have bought CYA while I have been at work tonight.

He added the CYA, I think it was 12 pounds. He put it in a mess bag and in the skimmer. It dissolved overnight. I will do some water tests tonight when I get home from work . Water is looking better already,really. We can see the floor drain and that is amazing.

He added the CYA, I think it was 12 pounds. He put it in a mess bag and in the skimmer. It dissolved overnight. I will do some water tests tonight when I get home from work . Water is looking better already,really. We can see the floor drain and that is amazing.
Wait a few days and you'll really be impressed with yourself!

Keep brushing and let the filter do its job, maintain pH and FC. That's about it. The water will sparkle, no exaggeration. People will wander out to the yard, see your pool, freeze, and say, "Wow."

The secret is that you're testing it and maintaining the chemistry the right way.

New lab results today.

Here we go.

CH=200
FC=13.5
CC=.5
TC=14
TA=100
CYA=Finally this test worked like it was supposed to, The dot at the bottom of the tube actually started to disappear. The last line towards the top is 20 but the dot didn't really disappear till the water was at the complete top of the tube. So is that really 10?
Salt=1500
PH=7.5

So the chlorine is high.

what to do next.

Thanks a bunch.

Jonette

New lab results today.

Here we go.

CH=200
FC=13.5
CC=.5
TC=14
TA=100
CYA=Finally this test worked like it was supposed to, The dot at the bottom of the tube actually started to disappear. The last line towards the top is 20 but the dot didn't really disappear till the water was at the complete top of the tube. So is that really 10?
Salt=1500
PH=7.5

So the chlorine is high.

what to do next.

Thanks a bunch.

Jonette
The CYA might still rise. It can take a week, and you've only been three days.

The high FC will go down over time. Are you done with the SLAM -- all three tests?

My husband says he had put 8 pounds of CYA. He has bought 6 more pounds, I think we should put it in there also. The CYA still seems low. I think it needs to be 60 right?

Is this current state of chemical levels safe for swimming? The temperature is good. People want in the pool. I'm not letting them in till I find out if its safe.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know I was slamming.

My husband says he had put 8 pounds of CYA. He has bought 6 more pounds, I think we should put it in there also. The CYA still seems low. I think it needs to be 60 right?

Is this current state of chemical levels safe for swimming? The temperature is good. People want in the pool. I'm not letting them in till I find out if its safe.
8 lbs in 30,000 gallons should yield CYA 36 ppm. If so, shock level is 14, so you're just about there. A couple sweaty bodies should take care of lowering the FC below SLAM. Let the teenagers test it out first. ;) Small kids might have more sensitive skin.

How long ago did the CYA get added? And is there any left undissolved in the sock?

20 CYA is too low for a saltwater generator pool, and .5 FC is too low for any pool. You poor little SWG is probably working overtime trying to keep up with the chlorine the sun is destroying, so give it a hand with some bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The CYA was added about a week ago. I've been lazy and not done the lab work. So these values are today. We just added 6 pounds of CYA. When the chlorine was up to 14, we had turned the chlorine generator off. I'm sure that was a problem and I didn't actually know it was turned off. So since we added the CYA and turned the chlorine generator back on, should we still add bleach?

The CYA was added about a week ago. I've been lazy and not done the lab work. So these values are today. We just added 6 pounds of CYA. When the chlorine was up to 14, we had turned the chlorine generator off. I'm sure that was a problem and I didn't actually know it was turned off. So since we added the CYA and turned the chlorine generator back on, should we still add bleach?
I would. It will probably take the SWG a couple days to catch up otherwise, and you don't want algae getting a foothold. Where poolmath says minimum FC, that's minimum it should never get below.

Two gallons of bleach enough?
For now.

Poolmath recommends 2 minimum, 5 target for FC with 20 CYA. (Remember, for the moment, yours is a bleach pool)

To get from 0 to 5 in 30,000 gallons will take 1.9 121 oz jugs of 8.25% clorox. So 2 full gallons is close enough. You might need more tomorrow, though, if the SWG hasn't caught up yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.