Test results this morning

Monkeymom1999

May 7, 2019
Virginia
We've been SLAMMing out pool for over a week now. (posted on thread SLAM Help here for further info). Have run into an issue today. Need help on what to do about ALK test..

Test results:
FC 37.5 (lost 0 Chlorine last night)
CC 0
PH 8 (possibly higher as it was ore purple than fuchsia pink)
Alk after 12 drops sample turned yellow, not red.
CYA 70 (will be draining some off one deep end is blue, it is still greenish)

I know I need to get the CYA and PH down some but the ALK result worries me. I don't know what it means.
Any ideas? I've got baking soda to add if needed. Could this be why my deep end is clear but greenish?

TA is then 120.

At high FC, pH is unreliable and TA test can go from green> pink to blue>yellow.

Now a couple questions back at you. 1) If CYA is 70, why are you SLAMming at 37? Target should be 28 FC. 2) Why test everything now? You're still in the SLAM, and we teach that you only worry about FC & CC during the SLAM.

I just tested everything this morning to see what everything was at. With the pool still green yesterday (deep end green hue) we added (without testing til last night) 2 bottles 10%. We have been SLAMming for 2 weeks now and until the last 2-3 days had not had a whole lot of progress. Last night and today is the first time we've gotten that high FC. We were keep it steady at 24, never intended it to go that high. (Those 2 bottles yesterday drove it up, and it evidently stayed there). I just didn't know if the ALK had anything to do with the deep end. I am assuming not based on your questions. The vast amount of sunshine today will help bring down my FC I'm sure. Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.