Bluffton, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Pool has been pretty well balanced but PH creeps up to 8 (1-2 drops of R-0005 brings it to 7.6-7.8) and TA is kinda stuck around 100. Test logs are on pool math.
Questions:
For PH is ok to keep adding Muriatic acid every other week? Also, acid amounts called for differ on Pool math (4.5 oz) vs Taylor Chart (9.16 oz) I have been using the Taylor dosage.
TA should go down once PH is controlled, correct?
Also is it normal for the salt test to become like cottage cheese when adding the R-0718? Numbers come out correct but wondering if there is an issue with the liquids.
Thank you

You can add acid every day if you had to. I have to add acid about every 2-3 days. Not a problem. Next time your pH hit 8.0, use enough acid to knock it down to about 7.2. That larger wing and and amount should have more impact on the TA. I would get the TA down to about 60 and you should see the pH stabilize much better.

As u add acid to lower ph, ta lowers.
They are married as far as chemicals are concerned. As ta lowers the ph rise will slow. Every pool’s happy ta & ph are different. Only having to add 5-10 oz of acid every other week doesn’t sound too terrible considering u have a plaster pool. Just do it as needed to keep csi in range. Use PoolMath for calculating doses, it’s much simpler. Are u getting the expected result when u use poolmath?
For the r- 0718 - it should be colorless, it does leave film but it sounds like you might need to replace yours.

Reactions: Steve319
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.