Test kit refills

Just ordered my refill kit.....I missed the discount last year as I did not need to replace anything untill end of June but now I will have this new stuff coming and Im wondering about the disposal of the old? Can I just throw it away? Are there any of the chemicals I can continue to use past the 1 year, untill they are empty? Thank you ; )

Just ordered my refill kit.....I missed the discount last year as I did not need to replace anything untill end of June but now I will have this new stuff coming and Im wondering about the disposal of the old? Can I just throw it away? Are there any of the chemicals I can continue to use past the 1 year, untill they are empty? Thank you ; )

Irlizard as I recall your chemicals are usually good for a couple of years provided you store them in a cool place. I keep my chemicals in a cool place in the house. All my chemicals are dated and the new ones that I don’t use I place in a zip lock bag for storage. Hopefully other experts will chime in. [emoji2]

As far as disposal, all the reagents have disposal recommendations on their SDS. You can download SDS sheets at Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Here is an article within TFP about disposing of reagents Disposal of old test reagents

TFTestkits will guarantee all reagents for a year from date of purchase. Many often last longer than one year if properly stored. Taylor Tech recommends replacing them every year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.