Temporada Reverse water flow cause?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Water flowing backwards once the system is shut-off sounds like a potential air leak in the system allowing the water to shift in different directions (backwards). It would help to know more about your set-up though. Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info, and also consider posting a pic of your equipment pad so we can see for ourselves what you have there.

Last edited:
Each time my pump turns on, there is temporary reverse flow that comes out of skimmer, so much so that the skimmer and float valve gets upturned; then it goes back to normal suction flow?
12 k gal , in ground, pebble tech pentair car speed triton sand filter

Also don’t know if this is part of the problem but there is water leaking from where the cap is screwed on at the top; triton is less than 7 years old, I had a retail pool sales say there was nothing to do but replace the filter

Attachments

• 80609610-5D33-4136-8688-E214F449F8F7.jpeg
    80609610-5D33-4136-8688-E214F449F8F7.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 7
A leak at the top of that filter would certainly allow air back in and cause water to shift in yoru system once turned off. Depending on what exactly is leaking, some parts should be replaceable. You can see an example HERE. But don't order those parts just yet. I would look to see if you can find the model/part number on that filter or the parts at the top and verify with someone like InyoPools or PoolSupply.com to ensure you order the correct match.

Each time my pump turns on, there is temporary reverse flow that comes out of skimmer, so much so that the skimmer and float valve gets upturned; then it goes back to normal suction flow?
You say it happens when the "pump turns on". Is that the case or is it happening when the pump turns off (which is more common)?
If it is, that's odd. That usually means there's something amiss inside the pump casing. Sounds like a problem with either the diffuser or the volute.

Are you hearing any odd noises when the pump starts?
Does the filter pressure seem to be normal once it running?
Does the flow out the returns seem to be normal?

Sorry we emptied the pool so we could do remodeling. Now that remodeling is finished, pool is running again; I still have same problem of temporary reverse flow when pump starts priming; no abnormal noises; it goes back to normal operation with my normal rpm set to 1600

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.