Teach me about my equipment?

Jun 10, 2016
La Plata, MD
I know nothing, so I took some pictures in the hopes that you could tell me what they are (to put in my signature), and to make sure they are appropriate for my pool. My pool is a 28' octagon, 3' for 1/3?, then quickly goes to 6'. I guessed it to hold around 20,700 gallons.

Hayward super pump.jpgHayward vari-flo valve.jpg

Looks to be 3/4 hp pump based on the .55 kw that I can see
the filter valve doesnt show much
do you have image of filter model or heater ?

The pump is a single speed 3/4 HP Hawyard pump.
You have a multi port vavle on Sand Filter

also add to your sig if your pool is in ground or above ground and if its a gunite pool or vinyl pool. Knowing this will help answer questions about your pool chemistry.

Also, We don't have a way to "vacuum" the floors of the pool, other than a net bag type thing we attach the garden hose to. So that's only good for large debris, not the green algae gunk on the bottom of the floor. So if I were to purchase something to attach to the skimmer, or pump, or whatever, what do I get?

The label with "To Pump" and arrow is backwards for the direction of flow. The arrow should point the other way and it should "From Pump". Arrow on the other pipe is wrong too.

If you are looking for a suction side pump, ThePoolCleaner or what is now the Hayward AquaNaut is a pretty good cleaner.

Hi Wendy,
here is a link to a manual vacuum. Your brush / net pool connects to the pole connection thing and the vacuum hose connects on the coupling on top of the vacuum head.
You will need a vacuum head, and a hose. The hose should be long enough to reach from your skimmer, to each end of the pool...

Leslie's VH52CS/LES Deluxe Tri-Vac

and vacuum hose - they come in various lengths
Leslie's Forge Loop Vacuum Hose in Various Sizes

and here is a video on how to do it
How to vacuum an Inground Pool Video - YouTube

Also, We don't have a way to "vacuum" the floors of the pool, other than a net bag type thing we attach the garden hose to. So that's only good for large debris, not the green algae gunk on the bottom of the floor. So if I were to purchase something to attach to the skimmer, or pump, or whatever, what do I get?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.