Taylor test results questions

schlud

Jun 26, 2016
Sterling Heights
Finally got my test kit in the mail. It wasn't terribly hard, but I'm a newbie so I questioned if I did it right, lol. Anyways. Here are my results..

Fc 2.2
Cc. 2
Ph 8.0
Ad 4 drop took it to 7.4
Ta 90
Ch 120
ca 60/70 not positive if test should be completely white with no visible circle at all... or if "maybe" seeing the shadow of the black circle counts..

It says saturation index is about . 1

So. I know I need to get the Ph down... I added borax last week to get it up... **** test strips .
I do have to add some water, would that lower ph?
Cc: that needs to be 0.. what do I do to get that? My salt water chlorinator runs at night, so it hasn't ran yet today. I currently have it running for 3 hours. Should I keep it at that or adjust it?

Also, how does the rest of it look? We just swam yesterday for the first time this year and the water "felt" great. Very soft, not itchy or dry after.

Thank you!

Love the new test, and so glad I found this group! My pool is looking great! Now if only I could keep the bird poop out of it... that would be amazing.

Intex ultra frame 16x48. 2nd year
NEW Intex Sand Filter 3000 GPH
NEW Intex SWG (7000)

Call your CYA 70 and adjust the pump run time or the SWG% (if you can) to raise FC up to 5 or 6. Whatever it takes so that FC never dips below 3 before the SWg comes on again.
.2 CC is fine. Consider it zero.
A tip: use 10 ml water and only one scoop of powder and easch drop counts as .5 FC. It's good enough and it saves reagents.

The pH adjustment you know about.

Probably took longer to type this that it'll take you to fix it.

so you can only just 10 ml of water and 1 drop counts as 5 FC. did not know that one. thank goodness. i am in a SLAM right now and i am using 40 drops at a time. was probably gonna have to buy some more drops before too much longer. but now, i think i can wait 2 weeks.

nevermind, i misread your tip. sorry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.