Taylor or tf100 test kit availability in Australia?

Yeah, getting a whole kit and paying for the international shipping isn't SO bad, but for just a couple of small refill bottles it's ridiculous.

In the meantime I am making full use of the family in the USA sending us gifts at this time of year, and have had the refills I think I'll need mailed to them to put into the flat rate boxes they were already sending me! Free shipping!

You guys are not alone.
Me being in Indonesia has trouble importing Taylor FAS-DPD too and all the other goodies.

I once asked http://www.hach.com/ local Indonesia rep and they said no stock as those kits have shelf life. They only have DPD and not FAS-DPD as I recalled.
Also the will charge me US$75 per shipment for Hazardeous Chemical, on top of import tax + shipping......... something along that line. YIKES !!!

I keep Taylor test kit stock per 6 months supply and all in the fridge at 4-7 Celcius.
So I import twice a year. Lots of hassle but its worth it.

Same as what STRANNIK said, such test kit has no buyer to any amount decent and profitable for a pool store to import them, shelf life is what scared many pool store. Aside from how tough it will be to educatate pool owner the great thing FAS-DPD is or what is FC or CC. I did urged my pool store friend to carry the Taylor test kit but he refused.

In my country is even worse, as anyone who can afford a pool, that owner is 100% guaranteed has servants ( US$200 a month max ) to do general pool maintenance and laundry etc etc. So owner does not know anything about pool. Pool store who supplied the pool pumps assigned quicky Pool 101 to the servant and that is that.

I am probably the only one in my country, not operating a commercial pool, who has Taylor Kit set equivalent to TP100 and been using it since 2008 or so, that is thanks to the kind members of this superb forum, who have educated me so much. I have servants too but I do my own pool chemistry for the like 2 years after 2007 and now my servant is as good as I can train him to be and no more log books I got to check each day.

I used to log in the logbook twice a day FC and CC and PH for 2 years. This is to profile the pool characteristic vs bathers load. Till today its two test per day, but no more logged in books.

I am also proud to say that my pool will pass local drinking water test ( similar to WHO standard ), as long as I sun exposed the water to remove the chlorine level to drinking water standard before sending to a lab and test included bacterial count for E.Coli and Fecal Coliform.

A friend's pool also use the same test kit as I import for both of us.

The reward for using proper and accurate test kit is totally worth it even when importation is a big hassle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I apologize for dangling a carrot out there that is not yet reachable but I am keenly aware of the need for Australian in-country access to TFTestkit and Taylor products both. I am making significant progress on that happening but simply don't have enough set in cement to tell you much more.

As you know, the pricing will not be the same because of shipping. I can assure you it will be more affordable than you might think and the subsequent shipping within your country will be reasonable as well. Refills in stock will be supported as well.

Hey mate.

Any update on this please?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.