Tanning Ledge/baja Shelf Furniture................Ledge lounger?

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
We are getting a fiberglass pool that has a tanning ledge. I was golfing today and talked with a lady who has Ledge Loungers in her backyard pool.

She was not a big fan as she said they are super heavy and still float? And they are uncomfy and expensive. She was willing to sell me hers :)

Just curious if anyone has ledge loungers or any furniture they have found for these ledges. we are salt water.

that's weird. I own two ledge loungers and i have never had that problem. Theyre very light when you get them and heavy when you fill them up with water so they dont float. It's possible your friend didn't get all of the air out when filling up her chaises! Anyway, love love love mine and willing to share tips for using them if you buy :)

Ok, I want to buy! What are your tips?

The one this lady has in the one for deep shelf which the website says weighs 240 lbs when full. The shallower ones weight like 110 when full. I would opt for those.

Do you have the deep or shallow version?

Is it comfy? Did you get pillow or cushion?

Do you have the umbrella cooler holder? Or what do you use to hold umbrella?

Do you have an auto cover where you have to take it in and out all the time? Do you empty every time you take out? How do you even fill it up and or empty?

Any info will be helpful. Just glad i found somebody that likes theirs!

My wife really enjoys hers. However, it spends most of the time on the pool deck and not in the pool. It is just not practical to move in and out of the pool so that we can close the auto cover. We have a deep version and it takes 2 people to move around. Emptying and filling frequently is not practical either as there are just 2 small plugs on the bottom that screw in and out. If you plan on leaving the cover open for long stretches of time, you might be OK. If you plan on covering daily, I would not recommend them.

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on two deep Ledge Loungers. The pricing is pretty obscene, but I can't find anything else that would live permanently on my 14" deep baja shelf and that would look a fraction as nice. If anyone has found anything, please let me know!

(Also, if anyone has a surefire method of justifying $1,500 for two plastic chairs to their significant other, that would be appreciated...)

Reactions: PoolyMe
I think sometimes people cheap-out on accessories (because they have to sometimes, but other times because they are penny wise and pound foolish). This can have the effect of cheapening the whole appearance of the project. Are there alternatives equally as good in all respects, possibly, but I'm sure you'll be thrilled if you go with them.

I don't buy all the best things. But in certain areas where functionality AND appearance are key to me, then I don't mind doing it as much.

Thanks, that's pretty much my thinking as well. They look absolutely stunning and the ledge is a huge focal point of my small pool, so I think it's worth it. I just hope they end up being comfortable! I'll likely be checking them out in a local showroom.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was going to be like $1,850 with shipping and tax for two deep ledge loungers. Also, with a 14 inch deep tanning ledge, it means folks would be sitting in about 4" of water, which seems like too much.

I went with these Omega plastic chaise loungers.
Omega 3-pc Commercial Lounge Set NR-OMEGASET3 | CozyDays
They sit 15" high, so they should be just above the waterline and hopefully the fabric sling will last a bit. There was no tax and a Cyber Monday sale, meaning they came out to $425 for two and a table. I'm a bit worried they'll float, but I suppose drilling a hole and filling them with water might help, if they do. They were highly rated on Amazon, albeit with no mention of in-water tanning ledge use. We'll see...

Ok, I want to buy! What are your tips?

The one this lady has in the one for deep shelf which the website says weighs 240 lbs when full. The shallower ones weight like 110 when full. I would opt for those.

Do you have the deep or shallow version?

Is it comfy? Did you get pillow or cushion?

Do you have the umbrella cooler holder? Or what do you use to hold umbrella?

Do you have an auto cover where you have to take it in and out all the time? Do you empty every time you take out? How do you even fill it up and or empty?

Any info will be helpful. Just glad i found somebody that likes theirs!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have the deep ones since my ledge is really deep. I find them really comfortable and I bought two pillows since I didnt want to splurge on the chairsand cushions. But I really like the pillows and so does the hubby. I dont have the cooler holder but Im thinking about getting it since it would be perfect in our pool. Let me know if you get it and if you like it!!!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I live in Austin so I don't need to cover them so I can't help you with any cover questions :( [/FONT]
[/FONT]

SIESTA_chaise.jpgWe found these Ledge Lounger alternatives that have held up well and are supposedly made of the same UV plastic. They were a little less expensive and while we got a pair of colorful green ones, they came in a bunch of regular colors as well. We move them to the rooftop deck in the winter/fall months so the color is nice to have in the dreary months. One other thing to like about these is they have a plastic bar on the bottom that adds an elevated position option that the ledge loungers didnt have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was going to be like $1,850 with shipping and tax for two deep ledge loungers. Also, with a 14 inch deep tanning ledge, it means folks would be sitting in about 4" of water, which seems like too much.

I went with these Omega plastic chaise loungers.
Omega 3-pc Commercial Lounge Set NR-OMEGASET3 | CozyDays
They sit 15" high, so they should be just above the waterline and hopefully the fabric sling will last a bit. There was no tax and a Cyber Monday sale, meaning they came out to $425 for two and a table. I'm a bit worried they'll float, but I suppose drilling a hole and filling them with water might help, if they do. They were highly rated on Amazon, albeit with no mention of in-water tanning ledge use. We'll see...

how did the Omega chaise turn out on the Ledge. Did you drill holes in the chair, did they still float, did the slings hold up?

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, I just can't justify buying the Ledge Loungers for the price AND I OWN A POOL STORE! There is another option from S.R. Smith though, just a little less "fit and finish" though and the price difference isn't all that much. Lounger

Has anyone tried the Tenjam shayz loungers? I watched a 7 part you tube comparison of this product vs the ledge lounger vs the floating luxuries kai lounger…and while I know it was slanted to promote the tenjam, it really did seem to be the best product. Looking for real world feedback! Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Tenjam shayz loungers? I watched a 7 part you tube comparison of this product vs the ledge lounger vs the floating luxuries kai lounger…and while I know it was slanted to promote the tenjam, it really did seem to be the best product. Looking for real world feedback! Thanks!
Bump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.