TA turned Red

Your chlorine additions can give you an idea but liquid Chlorine degrades in potency so using acid/ph to gauge results generally has less variables. Also, the tub consumes fc around the clock so if you want to verify your dose do it 10 -15 minutes or so afterwards - not tomorrow.

Is much FC used when the cover is on? I know UV consumes FC and I was under impression of a cover on hot tub is used, the dissipation rate is very slow.

I have a feeling your actual volume may be less than you think. A smidge off in a big pool isn’t a big deal but in a spa 50 gallons is a large percentage of the volume. For instance, my mfg. listed spa volume is 250 gal. For dosing & poolmath I use 200 gallons & it’s always right on the $$ with my results.

I don't have a spa, and was always wondering how you guys with spas measure those minute amounts of acid? Do you use teaspoon measures?

Is much FC used when the cover is on? I know UV consumes FC and I was under impression of a cover on hot tub is used, the dissipation rate is very slow.
Its basically a bathtub used by multiple people In which you continuously use the same water- there is always a standby fc demand. This is why if your fc falls below minimum for even a short time things can go south fast. Uv isn’t your enemy in a covered tub- nasties are.

Pro tip*
in a pinch steal the baking soda from the fridge/pantry- she’ll really love that (or maybe think you’re crazy)😁

The first time I came in the house rifling through the laundry area to get some borax & started putting it in the pool my husband thought I had lost my mind. He still probably thinks me & “my internet friends” are crazy. When people ask about the pool/hot tub , he tells them “I don’t really know much about it, she just pours bleach in there cuz she read it on the internet or something but it always looks nice 🤷‍♂️🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: mgtfp
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.