TA has been consistent

Les 606

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 25, 2020
Central Oklahoma
Finished Slam. PH 7.5 yest. & TA 210 consistent from before SLAM. Tried lowering TA adding MA to 7.2 then aerate to raise PH. TA not changing, should I leave well enough alone? Noticed similar post, but SWG system, mine is manual add. Happy with results, appreciate everyone's assistance starting process & creating database of info/poolmath, a good learning experience for an older fox.
FC: 4
CC .5
PH: 7.2 from 7.5 yest.
TA: 210
CYA: 45
CH: 200

Attachments

• 20200728_085905.jpg
    20200728_085905.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1
Congrats on passing the SLAM. :goodjob: A TA of 210 isn't a big deal unless your ph goes over 7.5, then your CSI begins to creep-up more into the positive range. While not a huge issue for your vinyl, it could be a problem for the SWG (scale). If it were me, I would try to bring it down a bit (100-120) just so you have more flexibility with managing your pH. Since you TA seems to be a bit stubborn, you may have to take full advantage of the complete range of 7s on the pH scale. By that I mean take the pH down to 7.0, then aerate to 7.8 or even 8.0, then repeat. You need enough acid to really make an impact. Hope that helps.

Congrats on passing the SLAM. :goodjob: A TA of 210 isn't a big deal unless your ph goes over 7.5, then your CSI begins to creep-up more into the positive range. While not a huge issue for your vinyl, it could be a problem for the SWG (scale). If it were me, I would try to bring it down a bit (100-120) just so you have more flexibility with managing your pH. Since you TA seems to be a bit stubborn, you may have to take full advantage of the complete range of 7s on the pH scale. By that I mean take the pH down to 7.0, then aerate to 7.8 or even 8.0, then repeat. You need enough acid to really make an impact. Hope that helps.
Finally, after 3 attempts to move TA down as suggested it dropped from 210 to 160 today. Ran out of MA Sat., picked some up in city today. Will continue with process until TA at 100-120. Man, some of this a person just has to be persistent. Would have been blind without guidance...thanks.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.