Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2022
Parsons, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a vinyl pool. My TA is 120. I tested this with a HTH 6 way kit until the better one arrives. I have been searching the forums to try and see what has been said about high TA. Also, testing my pH with the same kit, it stays between 7.2 to 7.5. So I'm not having any pH problems. I have seen posts saying TA doesn't matter for a vinyl pool. So am I ok here or no? I'm so confused.

TA only needs to be managed if your CH is also high and you are concerned about scaling. Otherwise you need to know what it is when you lower your pH as it affects how much acid is needed to lower the pH. Not something you need to worry about. You do want it over 50 to avoid any potential pH crashing.

Then you don’t have to worry about high TA. It means your pH will rise quicker, but you’ll add acid to lower it which will also lower the TA a bit. Over time it will drop unless more is added, say from high TA fill water.

Reactions: Tookiesmom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.