T Cell 15 Issue

cable23

Jul 16, 2019
NJ
Hello Everyone

Thanks for all the great info this forum has provided. Recently ran into an issue with my T Cell and trying to determine the best next steps. Any info is appreciated.

1. Went to update the Omnilogic MSP/MPP firmware and when I went to take the panel off (needing to unplug the T Cell firsts), I noticed the cord/connector for the T Cell was burnt at 4 of the pins. I also noticed the 4 pins at the HLX-PCB-TCELL was burnt. Prior to me updating the firmware and unplugging the T Cell cord, everything was working fine (even with the burnt connectors, which I didn't know about).

2. Firmware updated fine, but after plugging the T Cell back in, I'm getting 0 readings across the board in the Diagnostics.

cell temp: N/A
instant salt: --ppm
average salt: 3400ppm
cell voltage: 0
cell current: 0
cell type: T-Cell-15
relay polarity: off

3. As I'm still new to all this, does this seem like a firmware update is causing the system to not recognize the T Cell or is the T Cell not getting power at all? Not sure why it was working all along and now it's failing to register any readings.

Any help around this is appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

Ok, it's probably out of warranty. What are the first four characters of the serial number?

If you have burnt connections, you're probably going to need to replace the burnt parts.

Do you have a picture of the burned parts?

Thanks again JamesW. Noted on the warranty. Was hoping there's a chance given it was a burnt part.

I can take pictures of the burnt T Cell connector tonight, along with the serial number. I do have a pic of the burnt T Cell PCB board (attached). I removed it to inspect it. The cord/connector looks similar and burnt at the same pins. The unfortunate thing is it seems the T Cell cable isn't replaceable since it's attached to the unit.

Strange that it was still working though until I went to update the firmware. Prior to this, I was getting consistent diagnostics readings where the T Cell was generating.

Thanks again.
Joe

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 25
Thanks JamesW.

I actually came across these articles and was tempted to try to replace the connector.

Based on my cell diagnostics, I wasn’t sure if it’s definitely related to the components or some setting as a result of the firmware update since it was working before. If it’s definitely related to the burnt connector and burnt PCB, I can start to replace those.

Thanks again for your prompt replies and input.

Joe

If you go to diagnostics and reverse polarity, you might see it turn on, but I wouldn't run it with the bad connections.

HLX-PCB-TCELL is the part number for the female connector.

Last edited:
JamesW: I actually did try that, but didn't appear to do anything. I appreciate the info and help. Based on getting 0 readings though, do you feel the T Cell is not getting power at all due to the connection?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.