Charlotte
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
my zodiac cleaner sucks, literally. It’s time to replace it with a robotic cleaner. There are so many options. Can you guys help me find a robot? Something smart enough that maps the pool as it goes, if there is such a thing. Money isn’t a problem.

It isn’t a thing. None of them really do mapping.
For corded robots the dolphin S200/active 20 series & it’s cousins should do the job.
For an average sized plaster pool,
Attributes to look for:
2 brushes (1 active),
Floors,walls, waterline,
Long cable,
Weekly timer & possibly automation mode
(If this is important to you)
Everything beyond that is a more expensive bell or whistle that likely won’t be used. Unless it’s a caddy & cover add on (if you need that).

For cordless Aiper has some cheap & some fancy options depending upon what you need/want.

The cordless dolphin liberty hasn’t been released for sale yet.

The dolphin robots usually have a lifespan of around 5 yrs depending upon use before problems arise whether it’s fancy & expensive or basic.

The aipers are the new kid on the block so longevity is yet to be determined.

Reactions: CEPE7A
Are the Polaris robots reliable and good? I see dolphins recommended a lot on this forum and not much information on Polaris. Any robots using brushless motors?

Are the Polaris robots reliable and good? I see dolphins recommended a lot on this forum and not much information on Polaris. Any robots using brushless motors?

Never had any issues with my Polaris. You get what you pay for though.

It isn’t a thing. None of them really do mapping.
Mdragger is spot on! The marketing will tell you how smart their robots are. They are dumb as a stick. They still are the very best at what they do (cleaning pools) but don't buy in to that "mapping" idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.