dferrell5

Silver Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Antonio
Pool construction is going well, I have decided to go with a SWG but need some advice. I will have all Hayward equipment but like the simplicity of the Pentair SWG. The Hayward SWG system has an additional box that has to be installed on the wall and seems to me (albeit limited knowledge) far more complicated and I don't want additional and unnecessary panels mounted to the wall of the house.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages I should take into consideration when making a choice in systems. Among the members here, are there any experiences bad and good that you can share with me to give me additional information to make an informed decision.

What is the pool volume? If more than about 25k gallons, the Hayward would be too small anyways. We recommend sizing the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool.

The Hayward system is about as simple as they come, just a dial to turn to adjust the output. It is a very common system so lots of people can help with them

The Pentair goes to larger sizes which might be important. Downside is that the cells are quite a bit more expensive to replace when needed. There is still a separate power supply. And you are limited 20% output increments, unless you have pentair automaton.

Have you considered automation? Those include the SWG control in them and also can control pump speeds, lights, valves, etc.

The pool is a small free form 15K pool measuring 17X 30. I had not considered a automation system that controlled or included controlling the SWG. I will have automation that simply controls lights and the 3 shear waterfalls. Given your information, maybe the Hayward is the better option for me. Was there a specific automation system you could recommend that would control the things you mentioned?

What automation is controlling the lights? I have the Hayward prologic. They also have omnilogic which is tied into the internet ... personally do not see much need for this, but others like the ability to control from phone.

What filtration pump are you getting? Highly recommend a 2 speed at a minimum if not a VS that could also be controlled by the automaton.

Interesting, the PB told me I didn't need one too but I got the impression that I would have to have the shears would run when the pump was running and I wanted the ability to run the pool pump without the shears on. Will I have that ability with the way you suggest?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.