SWG with my non resin AGP

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
I think the title says it all. If I were to switch to a SWG, do I need to be concerned about corrosion within my older AGP that has metal top rails, etc?

Also, I know literally nothing about them. Do I need to have SWG compatible automation to use one? If not, what will I need to hook one up?

There are many members with metal AG pools that have SWGs.

You will need the SWG controller and the cell. No further automation is required, but if you think you might want it, then the controller could be built into the automation.

There are many members with metal AG pools that have SWGs.

You will need the SWG controller and the cell. No further automation is required, but if you think you might want it, then the controller could be built into the automation.

but if automation is something I’m looking to add in the future I’d be nuts not to buy the automation now with salt cell control built in as opposed to buying just the power supply and spending $$$$ on more automation later

That is correct, but do you really have anything that you need to automate?

I ended up buying my ProLogic because I was adding solar and SWG control and the price was not much more to just get the ProLogic vs. the separate SWG and solar controllers.

That is correct, but do you really have anything that you need to automate?

I ended up buying my ProLogic because I was adding solar and SWG control and the price was not much more to just get the ProLogic vs. the separate SWG and solar controllers.

Wanting to upgrade soon a to a VSP. Also would like to be able to control some valve actuators because I would like to add a slide and a water feature or 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d like to do a solar installation on the house roof with temp sensors and a solar controller as well.

OK, then you kind of need to decide on which VS pump you will get and that pretty much drives what automation system you should get. And even then some of the VS pumps from a manufacturer STILL may not fully integrate into their automation.

OK, then you kind of need to decide on which VS pump you will get and that pretty much drives what automation system you should get. And even then some of the VS pumps from a manufacturer STILL may not fully integrate into their automation.

I read that in another thread that I would need to pick a pump, or pick an automation panel, and make my other purchases compatible with it.

Decisions, decisions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.