SWG unions leaking

May 17, 2014
Hesperia, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a Circupool salt system and have had it about 5 years. Bought a replacement cell for it last year so I can change it out while I clean out the other one. When I changed it this year to start the season one of the union nuts got tight then slipped and was loose again. I got new unions from the pool shop and was going to change them but the nuts feel loos on the threads also. The alignment might be off a little. Would it be safe to install some flex hose on one side to help with the alignment? Or any other suggestions?

If it's out of alignment too much, it can be hard to get a good seal. First up try silicone seal / lube on the o-rings, and no harm getting some on the threads, but be careful, you'll be surprised how tight you can get them with lube on the threads, and they can snap. I don't personally do mine up any more than hand tight.

If you have a few degrees of misalignment, yep, some flex and whatever fittings you need might be an easy fix. Another option is two 45s which can provide fine angle adjustments, by rotating them between 90 degrees and 180 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.