SWG startup, low speed pump?

May 21, 2018
Greenville, wi
Hi all, I finally got our pool going, it took me a bit to re-level, hard plumb, and get everything setup. I did see some people with similar issues, but I am not sure what my options will be.

when I run my pump on the low speed setting, after 30minutes, I get a large bubble in my swg. When on high, it clears it out. It is from the swg. I am using 2” pvc, I have the swg lower then the pool level, below the sand filter and the heater is also at higher level. Is there a way to still run my pump at the low speeds? Or will I need to just let it run at high? here is a few pics. These where taken before I had the swg running. Thanks for any input. When I ran the old intex swg, I didn’t pay much attention to anything, just ran it. Now I am learning all the fine details of pool stuff.

Attachments

• D7A46AFA-9554-445E-A234-4060A684E770.jpeg
    D7A46AFA-9554-445E-A234-4060A684E770.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 694FA766-4791-4DF7-9CAF-F9ED4C73BE3B.jpeg
    694FA766-4791-4DF7-9CAF-F9ED4C73BE3B.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 18
It looks like you have a heater bypass, if so is the heater bypassed or is the flow going through the heater? It should get more flow with it bypassed..

Other than that is the SWG shutting off or does it continue to work? If it continues to work do not worry about it...

If the heater is bypassed and the SWG does not work it will need to be run on high..

Yes, I do have a bypass on it. I am running about 3/4 through the bypass, I will see what it does when run at full bypass. When I had 1st noticed it, the swg was on but the salt and cell lights where off, generating light on, but no bubbles. I have it set at 3/4 as I am still trying to figure it out. I also need to figure out how long to run it for. Lol

I run mine enough to keep 7 FC in the pool at all times.. Mine is about 8 hours now...

Close the bypass completely and see what happens :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.