SWG Sizing Question....

Ok, so I think I may have screwed up (or at least am getting ready to). After a long battle of leaks that I think I finally solved (all three drain plugs had pencil eraser sized holes on the outside of the fittings) I decided to try and get the pool up and running and am going through the SLAM process and figured it may be easier to convert to SWG. So, I just bought a 40k Circupool SWG (yes I am aware of some of the sketchy reviews) off Amazon. Unfortunately I decided to do some additional research afterwards and saw that it's recommended (strongly - is the part I missed) that a SWG rating should be double the size of the pool. Problem: My pool is a 32k gallon... but I can not find a 60k gallon rated SWG.... which is why I bought the biggest one I could find (40k).

Questions:

1. Does anyone make a 60k SWG - I've looked on Amazon, In the Swim and a couple other sites and the biggest I can find is 40k.

2. Is a 40k gallon sized SWG's ample for a 32k gallon pool? Just increase the run time?

I think I answered the rest of my questions through the search... I may do a thread on the install and update it over time with results, if anyone thinks it'll be of benefit to the site.

Flame suit on for buying first and researching second.

40kgal is only ample if you run your pump nearly 100% of the time, and then the cell will die out very quickly. If it's rated for 10,000 hours, it will only last 2-3 seasons at best. And keep in mind near the end of its life, you have to run it longer for it to keep up.

I have one rated for 40k in a 28k pool, and next time I'm going up a size. Technically it's enough but I have to run my pump 12 hours per day to maintain proper chlorination. I'd like to get it down to 4-6 hours.

Pentair Intellichlor IC-60 is a 60kgal SWG and would be appropriate for your needs.

I bought a 60k gallon circupool swg two years ago. It looks just like a Hayward swg. It's an si-60+, but I think they replaced it with an rj series. I have zero regrets with it. The folks at discountsaltpool were very helpful, and easy to get ahold of.

After referring to the chart in another thread, I called DiscountSaltPool and talked with them for a few minutes... RJ-60+ is on it's way. IC-60 wasn't rated as highly and had less functions. Price difference was negligible.

After being a breath away from a tannerite treatment with this pool, I'm starting to feel much better and hopefully I'll be able to break up and repour the concrete patio around it either at the end of this season or start of the next.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.