SWG Sizing for Tropical Country (Malaysia)

ellislo

Bronze Supporter
Hi! I have an Intex 32'x16'x52" AGP (55000L). I have read in the forum that it is best to get SWG with 1.5x to 2x the capacity of the pool.

From the table of the SWG from the manufacturer, based on the tropical climate column, TS 30C only has a capacity of 72,000L, which is not even 1.5x my pool capacity. or should I refer to the temperate column, where TS 25C (100,000L) will be sufficient for my pool. :unsure:

The supplier told me that TS 20C is sufficient for my pool.

Attachments

• SWG.JPG
    SWG.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 6
Elliso,

I'm not familiar with your brand but the important specification to look at is chlorine production. 30 gr/hr is equivalent to 720 gr per day or about 1.6 lb/day. This would typically be rated for 40,000 gal (151,416L) for use in the US. I'm not familiar with temperate Vs tropical rating but I assume it has to do with the extended high temperature requires more FC. I agree with you TC20 is too small capacity based on the chart provided. Go with the SC 30 and increase your stabilizer to TFP recommended range of 60-80 ppm.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Ellislo,

That's my thinking. Looks a small bit oversized relative to US recommendations of TFP and that won't hurt at all since the recommendation is 2x minimum not max. Higher capacity simply means you will be running lower % power or fewer hours in the day. Equally important for cell life is to watch your water chemistry closely. Be sure to get the right test kit so you can monitor TFP recommended ranges and use Pool Math (our tool you can download for free) to calculate CSI. Keep CSI 0.0 to -0.2 and you will be in great shape. You should also monitor your salt level. There are several ways to do this and Taylor K1766 is the kit that gives the most reliable results.

I noticed you're having problems sourcing a good test kit. Perhaps you can contact the swg manufacturer since they're from Australia. Also, not sure if this will help for Malaysia but here is some information we've accumulated on that topic:
  • How to Buy a TF-100 outside the USA:
  • Check legality, if legal: Have a friend buy it in the US and send it to you or ship to PO Box/will-call near border and pickup yourself or use an international forwarding service if you can find a trustworthy one (suggestions here)
  • Canada: only Lowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario (905-836-0505) or [email protected].
  • Spain & Portugal: only BEHQ SL (34-93-846-53-36) or [email protected].
  • Rest of the World: pretty much only HornerXpress Worldwide in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (954-938-5355) or [email protected].
  • How to Buy LaMotte 7002 FAS-DPD Commercial Series Kits (FAS-DPD Commercial 7 Kit):
  • UK: poolandspacentre.co.uk or sword-scientific.com or pro-swim.co.uk
  • How to Buy Palintest: [SP 315C (similar to K-2005) AND/+ SP 300 FAS-DPD chlorine test] UK: Tel: +44 (0) 191 491 0808 ext. 208 Email: [email protected] or camlabworld.com or pool-chem.co.uk

Good luck, and please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.