SWG or UV for a 10 x 15 indoor lap pool - need advice

jfed

Sep 11, 2019
Canada
Hello all,

Been reading a lot on this forum and learned a great deal about pool sanitization and the systems available. I am currently building a vinyl liner 10 x 15 (54 deep) lap pool for an indoor room. Been a fun project, coming together nicely but its time to decide on a water sanitizer system. Anyone interested in learning more about it let me know, i am using 2 3hp 3phase motors with single to three phase VFD's for home use to create the flow and send it through some stainless flow channels to a central outlet.

SWG looks like a nice lower maintenance system, and the 'eye irritation' issue seems like a good thing since my one son has a problem with harsh pool water. Worried about corrosion since my flow channels in the pool were going to be 304L stainless, which in theory should be OK. Also being indoors other corrosion issues and tile/grout/rock issues.

I was originally looking at a UV system, and after reading more on the forum I'm not sure if its the right system or not.

What considerations should I worry about with an indoor pool vs an outdoor pool? With the smaller size of the pool everything is likely to be oversized (pump, filter etc) if i use standard equipment for larger pools.

304L won’t be adequate. Chloride induced crevice corrosion will be an issue at salinities above 400ppm (SWG’s operas, on average, at 3600ppm). Even in a liquid chlorine dosed pool, the added salt content from the chlorine will easily push the water’s TDS above where it needs to be.

You’ll need to upgrade to 316/316L SS which will likely cost a lot more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.