e49418

Aug 5, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi - I just got a quote to install a Pentair IC40 and connect it to my Intelliconnect controller. At about $3,500 (plus salt) it was considerably more than I expected based on the price of the hardware.

Is this reasonable? Is it worth the upfront cost?

Seems pretty expensive but probably within reason. Do you know anyone that is capable of doing basic wiring and PVC plumbing? There's plenty of help available here if you need it.

Most PBs charge double the cost of the system to install it and it going in the $1600 range today online so that's about right.

Here's the #s for 20k gallons

1 gallon of 1% is 5 FC.

$4 gallon = $0.80 per FC
$5 gallon = $1 per FC
$6 gallon = $1.20 per FC
$7 gallon = $1.40 per FC.

The IC40 will produce 8.4 FC a day, or 3502 lifetime FC, or roughly $1 per FC with the full PB (or equivalent) install price.

The next 2 replacement cells are an easy DIY swap that takes 10 mins and without needing the $500 controller or labor/electric they will produce at $0.29 per FC. Your 3 cell average will be $0.53 per FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.