Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,

I have a Pentair vs pump that runs on a timer. I would like to plug in the Hayward SWG to a WiFi outlet in an outdoor enclosure It’s115v. It this doable. Does anyone see any problems that can arise connecting the SWG to WiFi switch?

Thanks,
Joe

A VS pump has constant power, so it's not hooked up to a timer. There should be no issues using a Wi-Fi switch for your SWG, assuming it (the SWG) is 115-volts.

Last edited:
Do you have a switch in mind? If not, I would recommend Kasa TP-link switches. They are the best that I've used and the app is great.

I used a SONOFF basic switch for my SWG. It's a low-cost, reliable solution. You can click the low-budget automation link in my signature. It should be the last post.

My wifi switches fail every once in a while, other than that it should work. I have my SWCG connected to an intermatic old school timer and I have it set to be powered whenever my VSP is on.

I have a similar setup, with an IntelliFlo VS using its internal timer and an SWCG I just installed. I'm using the WiFi switch that had been running the Stenner pump.

The main thing to watch for that when the power fails, the pump's time can get out of sync. I think it's supposed to keep tracking time for up to 96 hours, but after power outages ours can be pretty far off. The WiFi switches get synced to the current time always, so you will want to double check after a power outage. The Aquarite and similar SWCGs have a pretty robust flow switch, so I'm not too worried about the rare case of being out of sync.

I currently have it on an old WiOn (same as ECOplugs) plug, but am switching lights and things over to TP-Link Kasa because the app and support is better.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
You guys are great. Thank you for all the responses.
Initially I was going to connect the pump and SWG to an intermatic timer but then I though I would get more control by using the wifi switch. Just have to make sure the pump is running before and after the SWG turns on/off.

Do you have a switch in mind? If not, I would recommend Kasa TP-link switches. They are the best that I've used and the app is great.

I used a SONOFF basic switch for my SWG. It's a low-cost, reliable solution. You can click the low-budget automation link in my signature. It should be the last post.
Yes, I was planning on using Kasa as I have another one in the house that I’m using with no problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a similar setup, with an IntelliFlo VS using its internal timer and an SWCG I just installed. I'm using the WiFi switch that had been running the Stenner pump.

The main thing to watch for that when the power fails, the pump's time can get out of sync. I think it's supposed to keep tracking time for up to 96 hours, but after power outages ours can be pretty far off. The WiFi switches get synced to the current time always, so you will want to double check after a power outage. The Aquarite and similar SWCGs have a pretty robust flow switch, so I'm not too worried about the rare case of being out of sync.

I currently have it on an old WiOn (same as ECOplugs) plug, but am switching lights and things over to TP-Link Kasa because the app and support is better.
Didn’t think about power outages. I have to remember that. Thanks

Rancho. Very nice automation.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.