SWCG + Vacation = Winning

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
We just got back from an almost two week vacation, and the SWCG did its job. Other than some debris in the bottom of the pool, because our robot was out of action (now fixed) and the pH being a little high, pool water was in good shape. A relative was nice enough to drop by twice while we were gone to check the chlorine level, so I was pretty confident everything was fine, but I was still a bit anxious because I check my chlorine level every day.

Before we left, I added some liquid chlorine to boost the FC level by 4 over what I would normally maintain, just to provide some margin for error. I decreased the pH to 7.2 because mine naturally increases. I also added 200 ppm of salt in case rain diluted my salt level, which it did so that was a good call.

If you don’t have a SWCG, definitely consider it if you need to leave your pool unattended for extended periods. It would have been a huge pain to make alternative arrangements otherwise.

As another member commented in another related thread, the other meaning of SWCG is 'Sure We Can Go!'

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.