Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
At least the forum is titled correctly. Why not change use of the acronym to be more descriptive? Try to use SWCG instead of SWG when discussing it. In an undocumented survey of pool owners, over half (36.5%) did not realize that a salt water pool was based on chlorine sanitation. They thought it was something else. In an unrelated survey, over 66.3% of statistics were found to be made up.:cool:

4-letter words aren’t allowed by the TFP potty-mouth filter ?

SWG is just simpler and easier to say. It may not be technically the most accurate but it works and it tracks with industry usage.

Undocumented survey.... LOL
Over half... 36.5% ..... new math???

In any case, no matter which acronym you use, those same pool owners still won't know that a "salt water pool" is a chorine pool. And most don't realize that a chlorine pool has salt in it either.

Reactions: Dirk
I had to peek at this thread, 'cause at times I've stumbled on which to use. So I went to Pentair's site just now. Their product is called a "Salt Chlorine Generator." So, what, SCG? And what is "Salt Chlorine" anyway? Why not just "Chlorine Generator?" Why would you want to generate salt chlorine? Is that better than salt-free chlorine? Or low-salt? Whadaya gonna do?

I standardized on SWG instead of SWCG because I figured every letter I could shave out of my long-winded posts was a good thing...

Reactions: proavia
I didn't notice until now the forum title was "salt water chlorine generators (SWG)". Now I'm going to notice that every time I see the forum title...

I standardized on SWG instead of SWCG because I figured every letter I could shave out of my long-winded posts was a good thing...
You only need to write SWG 103 times to make up for the explanation of why you write SWG instead of SWCG. :p

Honestly I'm just glad that on this forum I'm not consider the long-winded person. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.