Swapped out pool lights for color changing leds

pcm2a

Aug 25, 2017
Mt Juliet, Tn
I haven't ran my pool lights on a timer because I didn't want to burn out the bunk flood lights and to save money. Today I replaced them with two led color changing "35W" lights. I bought the two lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHMSRKN) and a two pack of gaskets (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078YFSM99). Now I can set a variety of colors and programs with this remote control with an old school cordless phone antenna. Hopefully this junk doesn't burn out in two weeks but right now it looks amazing. Some of the colors are not very bright while some are amazing. The brightest of the colors light the pool up as good as the old floodlights in a 20k gallon pool.

Pool Led Lights | Flickr

Video: Led Pool Lights - YouTube

Now I will run them for a few hours every night and enjoy the show!

Added two additional photos to the album. I wanted a matching light in the spa but knew these 35w lights would be too bright. Ordered this not-made-for-pools led light with a selectable color via an IR remote (NetBoat LED Color Changing Light Bulb with Remote Control, 10W E26/E27 RGB+Daylight White LED Bulbs Dimmable with Memory Function, Ideal Lighting for Home Decoration, Stage, Bar, Party, 2-Pack - - Amazon.com). I put it in with a new light housing gasket. In order for the IR remote to reach the light I had to put it in a baggie and put it down in the water. I'm quite pleased with the outcome, it's not bright enough to disturb you if you were in the hot tub but lights it up enough to see.

Same question stands as with the other lights, will it hold up for 1 day, 1 week, 100 years? Even more so since it's not made for pools.

20180508_212912 | reeyeespcm | Flickr
20180508_213130 | reeyeespcm | Flickr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.