Swamp turned cloudy

MississippiGirl

Apr 17, 2020
Mississippi
I have a 24’ above ground pool that was a horrible green swamp. After lots of chlorine( trying to do a slam) it is now very cloudy. My Taylor k-2006 just arrived today so I am still learning. Her are my readings.

A= 120
Ph= 7.4
Cya= 50
CC= 1.2
FC= 26
I have a sand filter running 24/7 What do I need to do?

Welcome to the club! sounds like the SLAM is working... just keep it going. At somepoint you'll need to flush your filter as all that gunk is being filtered out of the pool, so what your pressure. How long have you been SLAMing?

BTW, fill in your signature so we can see what kind of equipment and pool you have. When the pro's chime in it will make it easier for everyone to make suggestions.

Welcome to the club! sounds like the SLAM is working... just keep it going. At somepoint you'll need to flush your filter as all that gunk is being filtered out of the pool, so what your pressure. How long have you been SLAMing?

BTW, fill in your signature so we can see what kind of equipment and pool you have. When the pro's chime in it will make it easier for everyone to make suggestions.

I will work on figuring out how to update my signature. I haven been slamming 6 days. I just backwashed the filter today and the discharge was yucky brown. To be honest I haven’t payed a lot of attention to the pressure but more have just observed the output of my jet.
In your opinion, I just keep to keep going doing what I am until the water is clear?

Yep.. you've got the concept down. Don't forget to brush and get any nooks and crannies where algae can hide. Anything you can do to disrupt the physical growth of the algae will help complement the chemical attack you are doing with the SLAM... good luck!.. post pics.. the folks here love seeing before and after's of the proccess. ;)

Hey MG, welcome! :wave: Curious, are you on a well?

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.