surface mount hand rail options?

The jig worked well, all holes in the correct location. One tip, do NOT go by the published dimensions. The two upright sections that go into the sockets are listed as being 8" apart. They were more like 8 and 3/8" apart. Use the actual sockets and rail to mark locations on the jig.

Very happy with the rail. Seems very sturdy and fit over my steps nicely without dipping into the water.

Gary

The jig worked well, all holes in the correct location. One tip, do NOT go by the published dimensions. The two upright sections that go into the sockets are listed as being 8" apart. They were more like 8 and 3/8" apart. Use the actual sockets and rail to mark locations on the jig.

Very happy with the rail. Seems very sturdy and fit over my steps nicely without dipping into the water.

Gary
Right on. I forgot that I phoned Saftron before ordering the rails, and that’s exactly what they told me: use the actual rails & mounts to determine where to drill - don’t rely on measurements or specifications.

I suspect each rail is made to order, resulting in variance in dimensions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.