Charleston,SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm double checking that my filter and pump are correctly sized for my pool. They were changed by the previous owner. I have a super pump SP1610Z1M pump and a Hayward W3S200 filter. I have 1.5" supply line and a 2" return line. The inlet / outlet on the pump are both 1.5" and the variflo valve on the filter is 1.5" I believe. I can't find the pump curve for the pump with that model #? Any ideas? I'm getting ready to buy/install a SWCG and want to know if there is anything else plumbing wise I should correct. I plan on staying with the single speed pump for now, more interested if I am getting max flow given the above.

The SP1610Z1M is a motor not a pump. More than likely, it is a SP2610x15 which is an up rated 1.5 HP pump. But knowing the head curve tells you nothing about expected flow rates. You need a detailed head loss calculation in order to do that. Do you have detailed schematic of all the plumbing include all fittings, pipe lengths, eyeball sizes & other equipment? It is a non-trivial calculation. A smaller pump would likely be sufficient unless you need the higher flow rates for a water feature.

Have you purchased this pump yet? If not, most likely you won't be able to due to current DOE regulations.

1649282088002.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.