Suntouch and Aquarite SWG

Nov 21, 2016
Melbourne, FL
We bought a house which has a Pentair Suntouch Automation System. We had an Aquarite AQR-15 from our old house. The aquarite manual says that it can be controlled from a Pentiar system, so I connected it exactly as the aquarite manual said. When running, the "Remote Control" light on the aquarite goes on for about a second and then goes out. It doesn't appear to generate any chlorine, the Suntouch is reading the salt level from the Aquarite. When I switch the Aquarite to "auto" the remote control light goes on for a second, and then the "No Flow" light flashes, then the remote control light goes on again. Confusing.

I verified the RS485 wiring according to the aquarite diagram, and buzzed out the connections with a multimeter. I would appreciate any help y'all could provide.

One of my thoughts is if there was a relay that could take the RS485 commands for a second pump (cleaner pump maybe), and run it on the same schedule as my circulation system and run it in standalone mode. The AQR-15 panel is much more intuitive than the SolarTouch.

We bought a house which has a Pentair Suntouch Automation System. We had an Aquarite AQR-15 from our old house. The aquarite manual says that it can be controlled from a Pentiar system, so I connected it exactly as the aquarite manual said. When running, the "Remote Control" light on the aquarite goes on for about a second and then goes out. It doesn't appear to generate any chlorine, the Suntouch is reading the salt level from the Aquarite. When I switch the Aquarite to "auto" the remote control light goes on for a second, and then the "No Flow" light flashes, then the remote control light goes on again. Confusing.

I verified the RS485 wiring according to the aquarite diagram, and buzzed out the connections with a multimeter. I would appreciate any help y'all could provide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.