Sump pit filling daily

Ck91

Jul 16, 2021
Memphis, TN
After a bucket test it seems i have about a 1/8 - 1/4 leak per day on top of the evaporation. I have not yet had a pool leak company come out yet but I have been observing one thing. We have barely had any rain over the last few weeks and yet my sump pit is filling up about half way each day after pumping it daily. Not knowing much about the plumbing aspect of my pool to me it SEEMS like water is getting behind the liner from the leak and causing it to go towards the sump pit. How likely is this to be a decent hypothesis or is it also possible there is a plumbing leak somewhere underneath that this could be a major issue?

When you say "1/8-1/4" you mean of the total of pool water?? Not inches, right??

Are you refilling the pool daily? Sometimes if you watch the drop and then it stops you'll find the tear/hole in the area where the leak stopped. Just don't let it go down where you lose all your water in the shallow end.

I can easily imagine that the leaking water is what you're seeing in your pit. You can confirm this by testing for chlorine in that water you pump out.

Can you get in the pool and search out the tear??

Maddie :flower:

Most likely the water gathering in your sump pit is from your pool. A great suggestion is mentioned by Maddie above: test the water in the pit for chlorine. As far as determining where your leak is coming from it is process of elimination. The plumbing can be pressure tested. If the pressure test passes, the leak is in the pool itself. It was worth the peace of mind for me to have a professional leak test. I had good luck with American Leak Detection and there is one that serves greater Memphis. I would ball park the cost for the test around 500 dollars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.