Summer Waves Elite AGP leaking around skimmer... Please help.

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
We bought a new Summer Waves Elite 20x48 pool about a month ago. I converted it to use a Intex sand filter and everything was working good. There was no leaking around the skimmer intake but there was some dripping coming from the bottom of the skimmer. I bought a gasket I thought would help and drained the pool a bit to take the skimmer off to install the gasket and just tighten up everything. I put water back in the pool and now everything is leaking. Mostly around the skimmer intake which wasn't leaking before. I've tried tightening the nut around the skimmer on the inside of the pool, I tried putting plumber tape around the threads, I even tried putting a little Flex tape around the top to make it seal better. No luck. It's leaking so bad and honestly I'm about ready to just get rid of the pool. I'm beyond frustrated because I just don't understand how it could be working fine and then now it's leaking. I've attached pictures. I guess I'm just looking for any advice you can give. I don't really know what to do at this point. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 24
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.