Summer waves doesn't come with vacuum option

Jun 27, 2016
Georgia
I remember pools used to come with the attachment to hook up a vacuum hose. I hooked up the skimmer yesterday and realized there's no way to vacuum unless I order the $30 attached that goes on top of the skimmer. Do they not think people will vacuum their pool? They also change the pump motor design and you have to have more than the $13 fitting to bypass the skimmer for a stand alone Intex pump. I found the kit to do that for another $80.

Sooo, are you using an Intex filter and pump on a, guessing, Polygroup Summer Escapes or Summer Waves pool? Intex pools don't have skimmers, but Polygroup pools do. My neighbor bought a new Summer Waves 14 x 42 inch pool last year and it came with the skimmer vacuum lid. My old Summer Escapes 14x42(same company, old name) came with the skimmer vacuum lid. You could vacuum over the side to waste in the meantime. Or get one of the "Venturi Effect" vacs that attaches to your garden hose.

Yes, it the summer waves with an Intex 2500 or 2800 pump and swg. I picked up a cheap vac that attaches to a water hose, for $9 I'm surprised it works as good as it does. I also ordered the summer waves skimmer lid that hooks up the vacuum hose. I ordered that and some other stuff to attach the Intex pump to the skimmer and some how that piece didn't make it in the package with the other stuff. I picked up the cheap vac just to get by since we've had alot of wind and storms lately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.