Suggestions for New oblong/rectangular AGP?

Msch99

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Verona, MO
We are in 3rd year with a cheap Intex pool. Supports are rusting so it is coming down this fall. Cheap Walmart clear energy but served the purpose of whether it would get used and how much pain to take care of it. (TFP fixed the latter) 😀👍

We are wanting a longer term replacement. Daughter wants oblong or rectangular for volleyball etc. and would rather pay more for long term use.
Hardsided?
Steel with resin cover?
Stainless?
Aluminum?

Soft sided with better supports?

Grandkids range from 12 to 4 years old and swim almost daily.

I vote go big & go permanent! Now that u know you’re pool people 🤪
Lot’s of choices out there - if u like swg’s I’d definitely go resin uprights & top rails -
I believe all the walls are steel with a coating & maybe a stainless skimmer panel unless u get one of those aluminum panel ones.
The real question is are u gonna diy?

I vote go big & go permanent! Now that u know you’re pool people 🤪
Lot’s of choices out there - if u like swg’s I’d definitely go resin uprights & top rails -
I believe all the walls are steel with a coating & maybe a stainless skimmer panel unless u get one of those aluminum panel ones.
The real question is are u gonna diy?
Yup on DIY. Definitely SWG.
Resin uprights are actually resin coating on steel aren’t they?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.