Suggestions for Low Flow Water Feature

MinerJason

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2018
Tucson, AZ
I'm in the process of remodeling my pool, and am considering adding a small wall on the edge of the pool with a water feature. There's an abandoned return line system that I can tap into for water, but the problem is the lines are only 3/4", which I don't think will be able to provide enough flow for most water features (and likely the reason it was abandoned). In the past I've used DIY aerators hooked up to the main returns to cool the water in the summer (and drop the TA), and the kids really loved playing under the streams of water. I'd like to have something similar, but easier to use and nicer looking.

I've been playing with cinder blocks trying to decide on the size/shape of the wall, and have attached a pic showing the rough idea of what we're considering.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
IMG_20180303_080434.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! Something along those lines might work great.

I had a pool expert out to look at my pool today though, and he says the 3/4" returns are from an old whip hose system, and the main trunk running inside or behind the bond beam on those was typically either 1 1/4" or 1 1/2". I need to cut the deck out where the wall will go anyway, so hopefully I can uncover the main trunk and tap in to it. If he's right, and I'm able to get to it, I'll no longer be limited to low flow options. My wife might even get the sheer descent she wants!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.