Suggestion where to tap for Chemical Injection (LC + Acid)

Aug 20, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Setting up to add Chemical Injection into my system for LC + Acid. Here is a picture of my current plumbing + drawing I drew up. The circled area in Blue is where I plan to add the injection points, however looking to get suggestions based on my plumbing and those experienced in the matter.

Also can someone explain that blue section. I would think that it is a Heater and Chlorinator bypass, however with the valve located where it's at it is really a 50%/50% split (Heater/Chlorinator + Pass through) OR a 100% Heater + Chlorinator path.

I would only inject into the pool and not the spa or risk over chlorination/acid.

As for that pipe, my guess would be a bypass. However, when fully on, water will take the path of least resistance and most of the flow rate will go through the bypass.

Bama Rambler, I'll follow up with some pics if not today tomorrow when better light. I did provide a 2d image I made up, if it helps.

mas985, my spa spills-over into the pool, however I hear ya b/c if the LC/Acid are being injected and the spa mode/similiar is set it will only hit the spa. I plan to automate via Aqualink however I maybe able to add some logic to protect as best I could under those situations.

Thanks everyone. I will be removing that section in Blue and I will remove the Chlorinator and replace it with the injection points for LC and Acid. Considering adding the ability to add a Flow Switch post the install prior to the injection points so will be plumbed in. So far I am running Injection of LC and Acid @ 30oz of LC and 0.27oz of Acid per dose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.