Suction side cleaner - only air in pump and filter when plugged into suction side

I always get air in my pump basket when I vacuum. I don't lose prime, but the water level is not full for sure. Not sure if it's related to the various changes in port size as the water travels through the vacuum head and hose or what. There must be something on the hydraulic physics side that is causing that churning and increased air. Not sure if that would be something like an out-gassing of oxygen from the water, but I don't think you're alone.

Yeah I bought a new aquanaut 250 and it’s for sure better but still present. No loss of prime. If I turn off the skimmer/all pressure to suction side with my Jandle valve there are bubbles but no loss of prime. When underwater I can hear a bit of air. If I disconnect the hose from the suction port, there is no air or bubbles at all. So strange!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.