Suction side auto vacuum?

Sivartb000

Apr 13, 2019
San Luis Obispo, California
I have a 15’ round intex with a 12” intex sand filter. It says 2100GPH pump rate and 1600GPH system rate. I put in a larger outlet, so I’m guessing I’m maybe more around 1800-2000 flow rate, but I’m not really sure. I guess we’ll just call it 1600 to be safe.

I tried the discharge side intex vacuum and the thing just gets stuck and doesn’t move. I’ve heard about 50/50 people that it works great vs same experience as me.

I want to try a suction side auto vacuum, but I’m worried my pump is too small to effectively work it. Any suggestions on what type of vacuum works best with lower pressure, or advice on specific model? I’m leaning towards a barracuda style, but would rather not waste $300.

I have the Pool Rover Jr. I guess economically priced is relative... it’s not cheap, but my time is worth more!

I have a 15’ round intex with a 12” intex sand filter. It says 2100GPH pump rate and 1600GPH system rate. I put in a larger outlet, so I’m guessing I’m maybe more around 1800-2000 flow rate, but I’m not really sure. I guess we’ll just call it 1600 to be safe.

I tried the discharge side intex vacuum and the thing just gets stuck and doesn’t move. I’ve heard about 50/50 people that it works great vs same experience as me.

I want to try a suction side auto vacuum, but I’m worried my pump is too small to effectively work it. Any suggestions on what type of vacuum works best with lower pressure, or advice on specific model? I’m leaning towards a barracuda style, but would rather not waste $300.
there was an updated version of that intex cleaner, we had the one without brushes and it was bad. kept getting stuck and not moving at all. we returned it for the new version with wheels and brushes. it climbs the walls of the pools and has been working like a champ for over a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.